Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Imma Take You To Flight School...


With my commute to Burbank from my home in OC I have a lot of time to sit and think about... well about life! Today as pollution circulated through my breathing system and Ryan Siecrest revealed the latest on the Kardashion girls, I sat in typical bumper to bumper LA traffic. The topic of my own little personal show was the pre-relationship stage and the constant BS people go through for people who are not even claiming them. I'm not referring to the dating stage when you first meet someone, but when a "couple" is exclusively our even UNexclusively talking.


Now I have no problem with this situation at all. For the people who know me, I've lived in this stage a few drown out times where the title never really entered the picture. I also have a lot of friends who stay in this stage for years! Over and over I hear how so-and-so did me dirty again and she/he stays hurting my heart! Hey, if you're ready you're ready, and if you're not.. you're not, but if its really that bad, why are you sticking around and using your energy on someone that is not even your significant other?


I related this experience to a plane flight. If you haven't taken off yet, you're not going to crash. It is okay to let go of someone, especially if you are not able to maintain a healthy friendship with them [because that is what it is, a friendship!]. In fact, it should be easier if you haven't gotten to that level in a relationship. There are in fact cases when a pair are in this pre-relationship stage for so long time they really do develop feelings. To those I say if the thing that is stopping you from taking it to the next level hasn't changed already, then it's probably not going to change anytime soon. What's done is done and what's going to happen is going to happen. It's going to be okay! Get off the plane before it takes off and it crashes...


"You're only given a certain amount of energy during a lifetime... use it wisely"


J B S

No comments:

Post a Comment